White Roses for Your Loss

White Roses for Your Loss
May You be Comforted During this time of Grief

Monday, December 12, 2011

Sometimes, you just need to cry

I attended our local Hospice Light up your Life celebration; it was nice at first, meeting and greeting people, knowing that we all have so much in common is a good thing because we can relate to the needs of one another. Then, as a board member, I was given a part to read for our ceremony; I scanned it not really paying attention to the words until I had to read them. The words reminded me of my child whom I once held tenderly in my arms, who I, many times scolded, and just laughed with--

Then the tears came, like a waterfall just bursting from a cold winter into the spring. I miss him so much and yes, after almost fourteen years, the thoughts of him still hurt my heart. After the ceremony was over a sweet slideshow of loved ones flashed on the screen, and two songs whitch always make me cry played-- my heart was taken back to the moment I let my baby go.

Sometimes you just need to cry, even if the pain gets difficult it reminds us that they were in our lives and even though they are away from our sight they are never away from our hearts, minds, and souls. Take care of yourselves during the holidays and remember to remember our loved ones. Get that gift for a stranger with a purpose, shop with your loved one in mind. you will find that the giving means something more special than just grabbing something of the shelf and handing it over. When we shop for our loved ones we search for just the right gift, something that will bring endless joy.
Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment